The traditional role of a PM (Project Manager) has now become obsolete in the world of agile software development. It is essential for the Project Managers that they must adapt in order to be effective. Generally, it is just a matter of doing whatever requires to be done to keep or get the project moving.
The major purpose of the project management tools is to assist managers in planning, executing and controlling all elements of the project management process. Firms rely on major tools for managing a project to balance staff workload and to make sure that each and every task is completed on time for optimal time management. This is because project management tools ensure project scope and enhance resource efficiency; such tools are specifically significant for project managers involved with complex and large projects. Here is a list of some of the ways that how a great project manager can make your next software project successful.
1. Communications: The most important skill of a project manager is to communicate with team members and people at all levels. Project leadership calls for clear communication about responsibility, goals, expectations, performance, and feedback. This is because of the lack of communication about goals, obstacles, workarounds, and expectations, can fail the project.
2. Productivity & Time Management: It is a must for a project manager to define a clear end goal. A great project manager is efficient and organized. He possesses excellent time management skills, meets the deadlines and always punctual. Therefore, the project manager must possess the capability to distinguish between what’s necessary and what is not. He must find alternate solutions to different problems that occur.
3. Project Community: As project manager is basically a team builder, therefore, he must respect all the members of the team. It is essential to recognize as well as appreciate the efforts of every member in the project community.
4. Schedule & Workflow: The project manager must be able to assign work as per the talent of each member, do proper planning of the project and meet deadlines.
5. Collaboration: A project manager should be able to form a cohesive team where each member supports each other. He knows the weaknesses and strengths of team members and assigns tasks based on that knowledge.
6. Tools: The project manager knows the significance of collaboration and reminder tools and uses them for developing and maintaining the workflow.
In a global market awash with world-class developers (and some not-so-great developers), finding the RIGHT ones for your enterprise/startup may seem impossible if you decide to search on your own.