Looking for a software development agency is not going to be an easy feat. With more than 5 million companies all over the world specializing in software and application development, you will most probably end up being overwhelmed. According to IBM, the most common reason for the failure of a software project is choosing the wrong developer or agency. This makes it critical to exert effort in looking for a professional and experienced company, not just a cheap freelancer with a great website. It is not enough that you take a look at their website. Before making a choice, make sure to follow the ten steps that will be mentioned below, which will be vital for vetting the options that will confront you.
1. Ask about their total no. of years of experience in this business. Check out the founder’s Linkedin profile and make sure they have a stable background.
2. Ask them about live apps on the Google Play Store or iTunes. By doing this, you will be able to have a gauge of how successful they were in completing the project.
3. Ask them about how they manage communication and collaboration. This is going to be an opportunity to determine how your working relationship would be like. In screening your options, choose a company that will have open communication and that will be collaborative as your own remote team. Make sure that they will be able to respond immediately to all your concerns even after the output has been created.
4. Ask about the measurement of the success of project implementation. They must have an objective metric for determining how a project has fared. This will be vital in determining points of improvement if in case there are weaknesses in its implementation.
5. Ask about the training of their employees. An excellent choice for a software development company is one that provides extensive and continuous training to their employees, making them up-to-date with the latest in the industry.
6. Ask about the frequency of agile sprints. Simply put, sprint will refer to the period of time wherein a project has to be brought into completion, and consequently, made ready for review. Having the appropriate number of reviews is important to ensure project success.
7. Check the number of employees. To verify, you should check their LinkedIn’s company profile.
8. Check the qualifications of their employees, which can also be done by checking LinkedIn. In screening your choices, consider the experience and expertise of the workforce.
9. Ask what makes them different. The software development company must be able to convince you that they are a standout above the other options that will confront you. They must be able to justify their edge above the competition.
10. Talk to at least three clients of the company in the past. Ask them about their work experiences and the output of the project. Ask them as well as why they stopped working with the software development company.